Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Visit to Montauk

Montauk light house-Sheva Apelbaum

Last year, my teacher spent the entire month of April teaching us about poetry styles. I didn’t pay much attention to poetry before then, but by May I had learned to love it! Here is a poem about our family trip to Montauk.

Montauk is..
The smell of the Atlantic Ocean,
The sound of seagull cries above.
The warm sand under my feet, 
Salty spray and surfing in the waves.

Taste of smoky hot dogs off the grill,
The soft glow of the setting sun.
The flash of the lighthouse,
Montauk is “The End.”

4 comments:

  1. I'm overwhelmed by your presence, poise and intellect - you make me very happy and very proud. Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheva, this is really lovely!
    :-) Hugs, Yael.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, you have me yearning to visit Montauk--the name is beautiful in itself, but your poem brings it to life for me. It sounds like a place I visited in Bretagne. Check out this awesome video of lighthouses in a storm: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNpH5tx4Pu8&feature=watch_response_rev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn: That video is extreme. It is amazing how the waves cover the lighthouse. Imagine if their was a ship in the water at that time! What do you think it would be like, to live in one of the lighthouses, especially during one of those storms?

    Papa: Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog post! Miss you.♥

    ReplyDelete