Friday, October 1, 2010

Me Treasure! (Part One)



Three treasures and a map I buried today,
Here are the hints to show you the way.


The map is hidden in an heirloom ring, 
It contains an ancient six-cornered thing.

At the 50 mile post, you will stand still,
Go over the bridge, by the old water mill.


Continue due North, to a fork in the road,
Where three coins found a humble abode.


3 Brass Coins 1B Spot-Sheva Apelbaum

On the northeast corner, where the four paths meet,
Lie two pieces of eight at the lone tree’s feet.


 2 Puter Coins 2B Spot-Sheva Apelbaum 

Before the horse enclosure, beneath a V-shaped tree,
Gold and silver doubloons are waiting for thee.


5 Gold Coins 3C-Sheva Apelbaum

If you’re resourceful and swift, you'll find my loot
But leave it in place, or you’ll taste my cutlass and boot!

5 comments:

  1. LOL--wonderful!

    Okay, now I'm waiting for part 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ?????????????????????????????????????????????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn,

    I am glad that you liked Part 1. I have been busy hiding treasure all over the place!

    PS- my mom has put up some pictures of us on the hike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found a coin at the bus stop. I don't understand this treasure hunt thing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comment. This is a treasure poem. I can’t really tell you where the treasure is, but if you read the poem and understand it, I’m sure you will find it.

    ReplyDelete