Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tea-Licious Chai Latte

Tea-Licious Chai Latte-Sheva Apelbaum

This past week, the temperature in New York dropped below freezing. Winter finally arrived.  This is the time to start up the fire and brew a hot drink to chase the chills away. I was in the kitchen playing around with some ingredients and came up with an interesting recipe, I call it Tea-Licious Chai Latte.  It’s really easy to make.

Ingredients:
  1. 4 cups of water
  2. 4 Chai tea bags (you can get it in any supermarket)
  3. 1 cup of heavy cream
  4. 1 tablespoon of sugar
  5. 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
  6. Sweetened condensed milk
  7. Ground cinnamon
Instructions:
  1. Bring the water to a boil and pour into kettle
  2. Put in the 4 Chai bags and let them steep for about 5 minutes
  3. In a mixing bowl or blender, blend the heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla until it becomes whipped cream
Serving:
Pour the tea into a cup. Add half a tablespoon of sweetened condensed milk (stir well until dissolved). Put whipped cream on top and sprinkle with cinnamon. 
Tealicious Chai Latte Dring-Sheva Apelbaum

Best served in a glazedOver stoneware tea tumbler with biscotti or a sugar cookie.
Tea-Licious!

2 comments:

  1. This looks just tooooo good! I am going to go get myself some heavy cream so I can make this--yum! Oh, and that cup is so charming--you are so lucky to live with such a multi-talented mom--and she's beautiful and witty too!

    (if you noticed, I could use this sentence as a language tutorial on the uses of so, such, and too :-D)

    Thank you for the recipe!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so cold just now, I think I will try this out - will have to do with out the biscotti and the sugar cookie - ahhhh I remember, I have pecan cookiiiiieeees - I am euphoric, actually I have to check if they left me some!!! AND will it be tasty in just an ordinary tea glass???? That's the question! Will it be or not be? Tasty -
    Tumble tumble tumble...

    ReplyDelete